Frank,

you are asking me to remove features that I like, so I would feel that the
challenge is for you to prove that this is harmful however:

 - at the minimum, I find it a useful check sum that the stats are internally
consistent (though I interpret it for lots of other reasons too)
 - it is faulty I agree, but (with caveats) still useful IMHO

Sorry for being terse, but I remain to be convinced that removing it increases
the amount of information

CC’ing BB as requested

Best wishes Graeme