- which may well be caused by your cryo-protection or flash-cooling procedure.
I'd try to collect a few images at room temperature to see how good the
crystals can be and if this procedure can be improved.
To prevent overlaps, it may help to find a way to collect the data with the
crystal rotating around the most problematic cell axis, which tends to be the
shortest in the crystal. Bent loops might be helpful.

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
calle Darwin 3