Hello Randy,

I'm chiming in about the last sentence in your reply:

> Finally, I would suspect that getting a significantly lower LLG for two
> copies of a dimer means that the dimer in your structure is slightly
> different from the dimer in the model.

Will you please be more specific about what you consider "significantly
lower" (or higher) for LLG scores? And how does this difference translate
to differences among TFZ scores? I have wondered this especially when a
Phaser MR result from use of a smaller part (i.e. one domain, 64% of the
sequence) of a structure differs by a few units relative to a result from
use of a larger part (i.e. two domains, 90% of the sequence) of the
protein; the difference in my case was a top TFZ score of 42.5 using the
one-domain search model, but a lower TFZ score of 36.9 for the two-domain
model.

Even more interesting to me is when the TFZ scores vary by quite a bit more
between two phaser runs that used two different, but 100% sequence
identical, one-domain search models; in this case the top TFZ scores were
18.7 versus 42.5, for the two models that differed only in the coordinate
position of ~20 out of 290 residues (a lid for the enzyme).

Regards,

Emily.

Best wishes,

--
"Study as if you were going to live forever; live as if you were going to
die tomorrow." - Maria Mitchell

"I'm not afraid of storms for I'm learning to sail my ship."  - Louisa May
Alcott