Hello everyone

I am trying to clone some domains of a transmembrane protein. I have used
an online server "Phobius" for the prediction of sequences which is showing
it to be a membrane protein with cytoplasmic, non cytoplasmic and
transmembrane regions. Attached is the image of that prediction. Regions
from 100-200 amino acid residues which I am more concerned about is
predicted to be cytoplasmic in nature while other servers have predicted it
to be non cytoplasmic in nature. I am having problems in expressing this
domain. Sometimes the prediction may go wrong for such a short stretch of
amino acid residues.

My question is to know about any technique or any classical experiment
which can actually tell me the exact location of this domain across the
membrane. I mean real experiments not predictions.

Regards

Firdous
Graduate student
Delhi University