---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prem Prakash <prem...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] how to improve the diffraction quality of the
crystals and avoid icerings
To: zaigham mahmood khan <mahmood.zaig...@gmail.com>

Hi, Yuvraj
Initially I also faced similar problems, then I tried various combinations
of different additives in the crystallization drop. Then I got relatively
good diffraction data (2.8 Angstrm) in 0.01mM Bacl2 (in my case). In my
protein structure I can see the Ba2+ ion bound to the intersubunit
junctions which probably results some extent of decreased degree of
freedom. Of course you also need the optimization of cryoprotectant as well
as I can see Glycerol is giving you good resolution compare to others.

Good luck
Prem