I would not rely only on coordination numbers, since Ca2+ can be also
hepta-coordinated. You can look at the high resolution structures of
parvalbumin and nucleoside hydrolases. And, although not up to date, this site
is also useful http://mespeus.bch.ed.ac.uk/tanna/ . The anomalous map
suggestion is probably the best way to go.

Max

--
Dr. Massimo Degano
Biocrystallography Unit

On 7 Mar 2018, at 20:27, Daniel M. Himmel, Ph. D.