On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Rezaul Karim<reza...@yahoo.com> wrote:   I
think Graeme's point is right. This is the work expert crystallographer. By the
way, DIALS could be used for XFEL data, as the program page & recent
publication indicates. NB: I have no experience in XFEL data.
Thanks,Rezaul

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:13 PM, Gihan Ketawala<gketa...@asu.edu> wrote:   Hi,
my question is;
how should one determine a point group and the space group of an unknown
crystal?

I have a protein crystal with know unit-cell parameters. (these are XFEL data
so indexing wouldn't give the point and space groups). I checked the PDB, but
no luck the PDB structures have the different space group assigned, no
definitive answer
hopefully, somebody can point me in the right direction

Best,
Gihan