Hi Anamika,

- Have you double-checked that the sequence of your cDNA is correct and
includes the biotin acceptor peptide tag (BAP tag aka AviTag; GLNDIFEAQKIEWHE
in single-letter amino acid code)?
- Are you using a dedicated bacterial strain that over-expresses BirA enzyme?
This may not be strictly necessary because we often find that native E. coli
BirA levels are sufficient to incorporate biotin, albeit with low efficiency.
- You could simply do a Western blot to confirm biotin incorporation. I like
the high-sensitivity streptavidin-HRP conjugate from Pierce (cat. no. 21130).

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Jonathan Elegheert, PhD
Team Leader

Interdisciplinary Institute for NeuroScience (IINS)
UMR5297 CNRS / UB
University of Bordeaux
Centre Broca Nouvelle-Aquitaine
146 rue Léo Saignat