Hideaki Niwa

RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research
Yokohama, 230-0045 JAPAN

On 2019/07/10 23:45, Sergei Strelkov wrote:
Dear Lumbini,

Certainly not a proof but your density looks like (di)methyl-arsinoyl-cysteine (PDB residue type CAF). This modification can happen when the protein has been exposed to cacodylate buffer. You can find such residues (and maps) in the PDB entries 3LPT or 5MDI.

Best wishes,

Sergei

Prof. Sergei V. Strelkov Laboratory for Biocrystallography Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, KU Leuven O&N2, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49 bus 822, 3000 Leuven, Belgium Phone: +32 16 33 08 45, mobile: +32 486 29 41 32 Lab pages: http://pharm.kuleuven.be/Biocrystallography

*From:* CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Lumbini Yadav <lumbin...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 10, 2019 13:12
*To:* CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
*Subject:* Re: [ccp4bb] Fo-Fc density close to cysteine residue
Thank you for the valuable input

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM Eleanor Dodson <eleanor.dod...@york.ac.uk <mailto:eleanor.dod...@york.ac.uk>> wrote:

    Well - that more or less proves the residue is a CYS - there is a
    peak in the PHAN map right on the S.
    And that the extra density does not contain an anomalous scatterer
    so is probably not a metal or a sulphate or...

    But that still doesnt explain WHAT it is . Sorry not to be more help..

    Eleanor

    On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 11:32, Lumbini Yadav <lumbin...@gmail.com