Dear all,
First of all, I would like to thanks James for this initiative and sparking
this discussion in the community. There were many valid points raised by
different people about the limitations of the current approaches in
crystallization, interpretation of the structural data and the definition
of terms involved like resolution, serial crystallography, and the
relevance/reliability of the "structural information" in terms of its
biological significance as gleaned from the crystal structures.
One another point that was frequently highlighted in the thread by many
that somehow an integrated approach using techniques like cryo-EM,
spectroscopy and NMR could help overcome some of the limitations in the
better understanding structures for understanding the functions of
biological molecules.

@James  My suggestion is that It would be a great service to all the
community if suggestions and the points (even if they are divergent
viewpoints) that comes out of this initiative could be published somewhere.
In case you have already planning to do it, many thanks in advance.

P.S. These type of discussions should also be part of other meetings and
training schools like CCP4, CSHL, and Rapidata-

Regards
Manoj Saxena