Hi Tommi

Yes, AMPLE does well with coiled-coils. The QUARK route is the easiest to try. In your position I would simply trim a bit of sequence off either end. Maybe you can see homologs that are a bit shorter at one terminus? In any case, that's unlikely to affect the modelling and we've seen QUARK make good models of coiled-coil proteins.

For Rosetta modelling we simply recommend you use the Robetta server http://robetta.bakerlab.org/fragmentsubmit.jsp for fragment libraries. Unless you're processing large numbers of sequences it's not worth getting to grips with local fragment library generation. At the moment CCP4online takes a file of ready-made models, not carrying out the actual modelling for you. Doing local Rosetta modelling via AMPLE is as described here https://ample.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/rst/abinitio.html#example-abinitio

Recently, in collaboration with Owen Davies in Newcastle, we've made some big improvements to AMPLE's abilities with coiled-coils, involving more bespoke modelling protocols, both of a single chain and, where the information is known, of a parallel oligomer. I gather Owen has been in touch with you about these. The code is available but is not in the current CCP4 distribution. We're also planning to improve the AMPLE documentation in the next few months and we'll include an example of use of this new coiled-coil mode at that time.

Best wishes

Dan