Dear Amala,
1. Hampton provides a precrystallisation screening kit which can be used to
determine the protein concentration to be used for crystallisation.

2. Also if you observe the screening crystallisation plate, according to
what I follow,  at least there should be minimum 60 % of conditions where
you should see protein precipitate.

3. Always prefer using homogeneous, freshly prepared protein at least for
screening because certain protein don't behave well once freezed or stored
for longer duration. Size exclusion chromatography can enhance your success
rate.

4. Observe the screening plate atleast
 for 3 months after setting the trial.

5. Not all protein will give you crystals in initial screening.  You will
have to pick the promising conditions and optimise it further. Prefer
optimising atleast  6-7 promising hits few of which may give you
diffractable quality crystal.

After all getting crystals for difficult proteins that diffract, requires
lot of optimization, dedication, efforts, perseverance and luck.

BEST OF LUCK.