From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of amala mathimaran
Sent: Saturday, 28 December 2019 12:30 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] how to get protein crystal

Dear all,

Can you suggest me how to get protein crystal???

I purified my target protein and concentrated to 12mg/ml (pI 6.04). Final
purified protein contains 50mM HEPES pH 8.0 and 50mM NaCl. Then the initial
screening was done using hanging drop method but no crystal. So 2mM NADP
cofactor was added again screen with Hampton (PEG ion, PEG RX, crystal screen,
Index) and Molecular dimensions conditions etc. I got precipitate like
formation the image was attached below. From this formation what I can do… mean
while I increase the protein concentration and did screening for that selected
conditions again I got same kind of formations. I am new to protein
crystallography kindly suggesting me. And how much concentration is suitable
for protein crystallization?? How to find which concentration is enough for our
target protein crystallization?? Thanks in advance