Dear Users -
yes , I had shared my frustrations with Paul, mostly caused I must say
because COOT now worries (excessively I think) about atom clashes and
wouldn't let me drag an ARG or HIS or GLU into the obvious density till I
had deleted any rogue waters..

However there are real gains - Tandem Refine is great, the new menus are
great , etc etc..
And as Paul says - learning new tricks is always a hassle, but worth it I
guess (sigh..)
Thanks Paul - remember LBC - life before COOT??
Eleanor

I think the situation has arisen because Coot users are bringing previous
experience of using RSR into their
use of 0.9. Because the movement of the non-dragged atoms in 0.8.x was
rather unsophisticated, many people
learnt (I discovered, rather late in the day) to "flick" the dragged atom
with a large and fast movement to
get over a local energy barrier.