Hi Matthias,

Thank you for response. Could you provide one or more pdb codes as example?

Best,
Christian

*From:* Barone, Matthias <bar...@fmp-berlin.de>
*Subject:* [ccp4bb] ligand bound to only one chain in the crystal
*Date:* Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 12:55
*To:* CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK; Christian GALICIA

Hi Christian
One of our proteins crystallizes always as non-crystallographic dimer. We occasionally find inhibitors bound to a second non-canonical site. Usually, the inhibitors bound to the second binding sites are sufficiently resolved only on one of the protein dimer. In these cases I often fail to place the second inhibitor at all and have to leave an unmodeled blob there. To exclude that this second binding site is not a crystal artifact, we used NMR HSQC to show that chemical shifts perturbations do occur even in solution and low inhibitor excess.
Best, Matthias

Dr. Matthias Barone

AG Kuehne, Rational Drug Design

Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP)
Robert-Rössle-Strasse 10
13125 Berlin

Germany