I agree with Nukri

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2020, at 10:42 AM, Nukri Sanishvili <sannu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,
I think I know what might have happened:
Many of the MX beamlines at the APS use some sort of filler in the containers
where the LN2 is dumped. If I remember correctly, one of the beamlines is using
fine gravel for this purpose. Also, it is required that before shipping, the
dewars are emptied - i.e. don't contain liquid. Now, imagine somebody dumping
the liquid into the grave-filled container without removing the blue cap and
without holding the dewar in the air - i.e. the top of the dewar with the cap
on is slightly buried into the gravel. Upon straightening the dewar up, the
blue cap would scoop up a little bit of the gravel. Distribution of the pebbles
on your picture is also noteworthy. It suggests the side where the pebbles are
was the side dipped into the gravel.
You might want to discuss this with your beamline host.
Best,
Nukri

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:05 AM Tanner, John J.