Hi,

This may be of interest in this discussion (the abstract is enlightening in
itself):

"Water polygons in high‐resolution protein crystal structures"
Jonas Lee, Sung‐Hou Kim
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19551896/

Download software here (you can analyze input pdb file to look at water
polygon structures): https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdbwaterpolygon/

Thanks,
Debanu