Dear colleagues

We have the following position available in the Davies Group at York
Structural Biology Laboratory, UK:
https://jobs.york.ac.uk/wd/plsql/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=3885&p_web_page_id=468064

--------

Applications are invited for either a Research Fellow or a Postdoctoral
Researcher to work on the activity-based proteomics and structural
enzymology of plant polysaccharide-degrading enzyme systems. The work is
funded by an ERC-Synergy grant to York, Barcelona and Leiden and is
available for up to 36 months. You will be supervised by Professor Gideon
Davies <https://www.york.ac.uk/chemistry/staff/academic/d-g/gdavies/> and
will work in the ERC-Synergy team in the York Structural Biology
Laboratory, within Chemistry.

You will conduct research into activity-based probes, and other chemical
biology methods, applied to polysaccharide degrading/modifying enzymes. The
goal is to apply activity-based proteomics methods, in collaboration with
Leiden and Barcelona, to identify key enzyme systems involved in
polysaccharide degradation both fundamentally and for potential
biotechnological exploitation.

Note this post is available at grade 6 or grade with the grade 7 position
demanding a higher degree of experience and leadership. Please only apply
for the position commensurate with your experience and make clear on your
application which grade you are applying for.

*Apply by: 21/01/2022*

*Interview date: TBC*

*For informal enquiries:* please contact Prof Gideon Davies on
gideon.dav...@york.ac.uk

The Department of Chemistry <https://www.york.ac.uk/chemistry/> is one of
the largest and most successful departments at York and we are renowned
internationally for our research. As a department, we strive to provide a
working environment that allows all staff and students to contribute fully,
to flourish, and to excel. We are proud of our Athena SWAN Gold Award
<https://www.york.ac.uk/chemistry/ed/>.