PS: this does not work for very small atoms, e.g. waters. Here I let the
temperature factor take care of the occupancy as well.

Von: Schreuder, Herman /DE
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. März 2022 16:23
An: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: AW: [ccp4bb] Ligand occupancy refinement

Dear Ankanksha,

The ligand is either present, or it is not present. It cannot be that some
atoms are present and others not. For ligands, I always use a single group
occupancy using the program Buster from global phasing. In my hands, this
always works. There is a correlation between occupancy and B-factors, but if
you use a single occupancy for a large number of atoms, this correlation is not
longer a problem. Also, modern maximum likelihood refinement programs do a good
job in separating the contributions of occupancy and B-factors.

Best,
Herman