Sorry, I should have said ADPBeF3 (not ADPBeF4), and increase the NaF
proportion for ADPAlF4. Which in practice means reducing the concentrations of
everything else due to limited solubility of NaF.

From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Dr. Kevin M Jude
<kj...@stanford.edu>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 9:10 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Solubility of Aluminum Fluoride
I posted the following to ccp4bb in 2017 in response to a similar question
about ADPBeF4. For AlF4 you’ll increase the NaF stoichiometrically:

reagent    [stock] (mM)    final concentration (mM)    volume (µl)
BeCl2      1000            90                          9
NaF        750             450                         60
ADP, pH 8  100             30                          30
H2O                                                    1
        total volume                                   100

To prepare ADP:Be:F (1:3:15)
Prepare BeCl2 stock in the fume hood due to release of Cl2 gas
thoroughly mix BeCl2 and NaF
Add ADP
dilute with H2O to final volume
This is done at room temperature and the reactions are fast. Careful mixing
(and adjusting the pH of the ADP beforehand) are important because the BeCl2
stock will precipitate at neutral or elevated pH, and the BeFx solution is
quite acidic.