Dear Dom.

    Yes, Zanuda must also give more insights, well pointed (it goes straight to my question "Should I look at anything else to establish twin P1 is the best way to refine this structure?"). By the way, though we have not gone through P1 in/extensively for while, a brief overview has indicate some (new, but few, for while) side chains that, although not all that ordered, must have preferential conformations.

    Yours,

J.

Should I look at anything else to establish twin P1 is the best way to refine this structure?
You could feed your refined model and map coefficients to Zanuda (CCP4 program) which automatically will check which higher symmetry space group will give lower Rfactors in refinement, pointing to real crys symmetry (similarly to what you have been doing manually).

Good luck!