If you know at least something about your protein, organism, type of
molecule, ..., you could try mass spectrometry peptide mapping to known
sequences, this may give you some answers for the ambiguities you might be
seeing, if nothing else ..

Jan

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 12:15 PM Jon Cooper <
0000488a26d62010-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello, I am looking for suggestions of ways to check a 1.7 Angstrom X-ray
> sequence for a protein where it is impractical to do experimental
> sequencing, protein or DNA. The structure refines to publishable R/R-free
> and the main ambiguities seem to be Thr/Val, Asp/Asn and Glu/Gln where
> alternative H-bonding networks are possible. Running alpha-fold seems an
> interesting option? Any suggestions much appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Jon.C.
>
> Sent from ProtonMail mobile

Jan Dohnalek, Ph.D
Institute of Biotechnology
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Biocev
Prumyslova 595
252 50 Vestec near Prague
Czech Republic