Hi Robert,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 4:11 PM Kay Diederichs
<kay.diederi...@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
> Your real problem seems to be the Qt installation; I think that the error
> message
> qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though
> it was found.
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
> initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
> prevents the graphics of the CCP4 programs from working properly.

This is my thinking too - the OS seems to be missing libxcb QT plugins.

You can get better debug info from QT by setting the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS
variable ("export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1" for bash or zsh, "setenv
QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS 1" for tcsh). Then when you launch the application
you should get a much more informative message. Perhaps too
informative.

Usually the error in this case is a missing xcb library or two,
something like libxcb-icccm.so.4  No such file or directory. You
should be able to add these with your package manager.

Best,
Jason

--
Jason Key, PhD
SBGrid Consortium, Harvard Medical School