From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Whitley, Matthew
(NIH/NCI) [C] <0000a8ed4e9d4a1a-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk>
Date: Thursday, 7 September 2023 at 17:17
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [ccp4bb] Downloading individual chains from the PDB
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content
is safe.

Hello all,

I have a script I use from time to time to batch download multiple PDB files
using curl.

I have certain use cases in which I only need a specific chain from a PDB file
that contains multiple chains.  At present, I download the complete PDB file
and then use pdbtools to pull out the specific chain I want.

Does anyone know a way to batch download specific chains from the PDB?   I
reviewed the “File Download Services” page at the RCSB PDB, but I didn’t find
anything about downloading specific chains, so I don’t know if this
functionality exists.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Matthew