Dear Fu Xingke,

         Depends on what Nucleic Acid you are talking of.  If it is RNA,
you can expect some sequence to tertiary structure correspondence so you
might be able to try more MR as compared to DNA.   DNA may have double
helical architecture but less sequence to tertiary structure
correspondence, and hence DNA is less likely to have a 3D structure like
RNA specific structure for a sequence.

         SAD has become a straight forward method to avoid all these
problems to get ab-initio structure.  So many go for it directly.

Hope that helps.
Best wishes,
Natesh

On Mon, 18 Sept 2023 at 13:36, fuxingke <fuxingke0...@163.com> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>      Reacently, I find the structures of Nucleic acid are solved by
> single-wavelength anomalous diffraction(SAD). So, why molecular
> replacement (MR) not?
>
> Regards
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Fu Xingke
> Institute of Physics CAS

"Live Simply and do Serious Things .. "
- Dorothy Mary Crowfoot Hodgkin OM, FRS

"In Science truth always wins"
- Max Ferdinand Perutz OM FRS
Dr. Ramanathan Natesh
Associate Professor,
School of Biology and Center for High-Performance Computing (CHPC),
Founding and Current President of Cryo Electron Microscopy and 3
Dimensional Image Processing Society of India (CEM3DIPSI),
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
(IISER-TVM),
Maruthamala P.O., Vithura,
Thiruvananthapuram,  695551, Kerala, India

nat...@iisertvm.ac.in
http://faculty.iisertvm.ac.in/natesh

*Researcher ID*: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-4488-2008
*ORCID*: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1145-5962