Hello Everyone,

It does look like trimethylglycine (betaine), but another view might help. If
it is, it is also made in ecoli and PEOPLE. It is a pretty common metabolite in
the microbial and animal kingdom…useful for balancing osmotic stress and
stabilizing protein structure (it is a strong kosmotrope).

Best regards,

Zachary A. Wood, Ph.D.     (He/Him)
Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor
Associate Director of SER-CAT
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
University of Georgia
Life Sciences Building, Rm A426B
120 Green Street
Athens, GA  30602-7229