On 6/9/2015 5:38 PM, Pete Turnbull wrote:
On 09/06/2015 22:32, Chuck Guzis wrote:
One thing that I recall is that many tape manufacturers used a blue,
sort of "sticky silicon" tape to hold ends in place.  This stuff never
seems to degrade.

Since I used to buy them, I can say with some authority that (1) they're
vinyl tape, as others have surmised, and yes it's the same stuff that
adhesive-free window "stickers" are made from, and (2) they came in lots
of colours - I have almost every one except purple, and, oddly enough,
blue.  So the item on Amazon might be a very good option.

Have you checked the places that sell professional audio reel 2 reel tape?