On 2015-Jun-09, at 3:01 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

>  I find that the Writghtline seals work the best if the tapes were not and
> are not hung with them.  Eventually the white material will fail, or the
> black lock will break, but they are by far the longest lasting other than
> just a clear box container.

Every couple of years for awhile now I'll be surprised in hearing a snap, clunk
and strange scuffling sound in the house.

It's one of those tape collar-seals breaking spontaneously, at which point the
hung reel falls to the floor and takes off across the room, generally unwinding
the tape as it goes.