On Jul 10, 2015, at 8:48 AM, Paul Koning <paulkon...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Wow, it’s amazing that a device like that would be bothered by splines.  It
> speaks to the lack of competence on the part of the implementer.  Perhaps
> this problem dates back to the dark old ages of first generation cutters and
> has been cured by now?  If not, you can approximate things with arcs, but for
> it to look reasonably close to correct you need more short arcs than you have
> now.

I think CamBam hates splines too, although it will load them and work with
them, just very slowly. I usually have to tell it to convert all splines to
polyline approximations.

I’ve never had any problems with splines with the lousy software I use with my
vinyl cutter though. I load Illustrator 8 files and cut them without any issues.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com