Just so you know, you can boot an Osborne 1 from the B: drive by pressing <SHIFT>" (shift and double-quote) instead of <RETURN>.

Mike Loewen                             mloe...@cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology                          http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015, drlegendre . wrote:

Hey Jules,

Ah, so your O1 also has the weird screen artifacts prior to hitting
'return'? Weird.. wonder what's up with that?

I've only detected activity from drive A (LH side). It definitely does
spin, the LED lights up, but I haven't been able to detect any head
movement. You mention that the head on yours steps back & forth
(indefinitely?)  with no disk present - does it behave any differently when
the drive door is open vs. closed?