On 11/10/15 2:10 PM, Jay Jaeger wrote:
On 11/9/2015 3:42 PM, Josh Dersch wrote:

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Jay Jaeger <cu...@charter.net> wrote:

On 11/8/2015 11:50 AM, Josh Dersch wrote:

Anyone have any experience with this particular diagnostic?

Thanks,
Josh

The version can normally be identified either by the file name or on the
paper tape if you are using a real paper tape.  My guess is that the
version you are running does not match the PDF.

Some of us also have diagnostic listings of various versions, and have
some of them on Microfiche.  Unfortunately, I do not seem to have a
listing for DZQKC (any revision).  [It isn't missing - it isn't even
listed in the fiche index.  :( ]

HOWEVER, I *DO* have a *paper* listing of revision E (among others).
The code starting at 16002 reads

016002  105737 177564      TSTB @#TPS
016006  100375             BPL  .-4
016010  006237 177564      TSTB @#TPS
016014  000001             WAIT          ; WAIT FOR FIRST INTERRUPT

The routine starts at 015734 and the comment is ";CHECK TTY INTERRUPT"

AND, the paper copy has a red stamp indicating that a change may be
required for it to operation.

   LOC  FROM     TO
  2266   200     340
14146   200     340
16164  5227    4737
16166     0     160

  160      -     5227
  162      -        0
  164      -     1375
  166      -      207

So, please provide either the complete file name you loaded (if you are
on the paper tape and we should at least be able to help you figure out
if they match, or not, and whether or not someone has a listing that
matches and can tell you what the error might mean, and perhaps provide
a scan to you (and bitsavers).

Thanks, I should have thought to check the revision codes in the first
place.  Looks like the Bitsavers docs are from revision C; I've been
running the paper-tape version that's on Bitsavers (
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/bits/DEC/pdp11/papertapeimages/20031230/tray4.txt),
which is labeled as "maindec-11-dzqkc-e-pb" which looks like it should be
Revision E (which is fortunate!).

If you do have the ability to scan this, I'd love to see it.

Thanks,
Josh

JRJ

The diagnostic listing is now available in my new bitsavers-contrib
folder on Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2v4WRwISEQRWWFFdVpCZWFTZEU&usp=sharing

This is the only document in there right now, and you will find it in
the same path that the other occupies on bitsavers, i.e. in folder
./pdf/dec/pdp11/xxdp/diag_listings

A PDF is there as well as a zip file containing the original .tif files
as Al Kossow prefers for submissions.  (Al:  Hint, Hint  ;) ).

JRJ

Thanks a ton for taking the time to make this available. Time for some debugging!

- Josh