Santa Ana, Ca goodwill store is full of what I think you are after.

They also have a pretty well stocked electronics / computer section.

Also online sales

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/?adcode=ocgoodwill

Thanks
Jim

On 12/29/2015 11:08 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:
On 12/29/2015 03:03 AM, Kevin Parker wrote:
May be of interest to some list members - appeared, of all places, in the property section of a local newspaper - the Commodore 64 gets a good mention

But it's one of those new-fangled C64s, not the breadbin variety :(

I've wondered occasionally what happened to ghetto blasters - despite finding other audio equipment of the time every once in a while, I don't think I've seen one anywhere in over 25 years. Were they exceptionally fragile or something, and so they all got tossed long ago instead of finding their way into attics and garages like everything else?

cheers

Jules