On 12/29/2015 2:08 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:
I've wondered occasionally what happened to ghetto blasters - despite finding other audio equipment of the time every once in a while, I don't think I've seen one anywhere in over 25 years. Were they exceptionally fragile or something, and so they all got tossed long ago instead of finding their way into attics and garages like everything else?

cheers
Jules

I still have mine, circa 1979. Amazingly still works -- with no caps replacement yet -- except for tape deck -- rubber bands have dried up.

- J.