On 1/28/2016 8:37 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:

On faster, more modern systems, I use VirtualBox. Just not worth the extra trouble finding drivers--but I suspect 98SE will run on P4 systems as well.

The one thing I'm not seeing mentioned in re VirtualBox is that what if you have a legacy Win 98SE system with hardware in it, like a GPIB card or sound card? Or if you have software that talks to hardware via serial or parallel ports eg. eprom burners, Zector ZVG vector graphic driver for MAME, etc.

The other hassle is having to essentially rebuild an Win98 (or any other) machine from scratch in order to try to replicate an existing setup. I haven't seen any way to "capture" an existing machine and all its disk partitions -- especially when there's multiple partitions of different types -- and import it into the virtual world. That'd be great.

- J.