On 4/28/2016 7:59 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
On 27 April 2016 at 22:13, Sean Conner <s...@conman.org> wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Liam Proven once stated:
On 26 April 2016 at 16:41, Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

When I was playing with home micros (mainly Sinclair and Amstrad; the
American stuff was just too expensive for Brits in the early-to-mid
1980s), the culture was that Real Men programmed in assembler and the
main battle was Z80 versus 6502, with a few weirdos saying that 6809
was better than either. BASIC was the language for beginners, and a
few weirdos maintained that Forth was better.

  The 6908 *is* better than either the Z80 or the 6502 (yes, I'm one of
*those* 8-)

Hurrah! :-D

But alas still only 16 bit addressing. OS/9 was nice once you got to level 2 and a nice Hard-drive. Most of use minons never even heard about the 68000 versions sadly.
Ben.