> On May 13, 2016, at 7:44 PM, Fred Cisin <ci...@xenosoft.com> wrote:
>
> "undercut"??!?
> I seriously doubt that the B&H "Black Apple" was cheaper.  But, it had B&H's
> credibility backing it up for skeptical school boards, who bought tons of B&H
> AV equipment, but didn't know what a "personal computer" was.
>
>> I do recall now the local elementary & jr. high schools gobbled them up.
>> (The B&H variant.)
>
> I knew a few teachers who got B&H Black Apples into the classroom, and THEN
> were able to get the school board to let them buy Apples, because they were
> cheaper, "just as good", and "completely compatible!" with the B&H.

Maybe the outfit I was working for was lowballing the B&H price, but we
definitely had the price advantage over all the Apple dealers.

Now part of that might have been because we were the only Apple(-ish) dealer in
Ft. McMurray AB, and the only alternatives were the *very* greedy Apple dealers
in Edmonton (a five+ hour drive south).