On Wed, 18 May 2016, Fred Cisin wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2016, Sean Caron wrote:
Pascal was probably the predominant applications development language on Mac OS through the mid 1990s or so, no? Certainly all the Toolbox bindings were originally written with the idea that people would be developing in Pascal.

Windoze also used Pascal subroutine calling convention!

But, the trend was on, over to using C.

Really? Interesting; I did not know that. To this day I've never really made any attempts at Windows desktop application development.

Did the Windows APIs also send and receive Pascal strings? I recall the conversions confounding me for a bit when I was trying to learn C and the Macintosh Toolbox concurrently as a youngster.

Best,

Sean