On 05/21/2016 09:34 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
On 2016-05-21 10:26 PM, ben wrote:
On 5/20/2016 7:19 PM, Sean Conner wrote:

Hehe, what is a long long? Yes, you are totally right. Still, I assert that C is still the defacto most portable language on Earth. What other language runs on as many OS's and CPUs ? None that I can think of.

  A long long is at least 64-bits long.

Only if you get rid of char pointers you are portable.
I like 1's compilent because it handles shifting properly.
using 1's compilment unsigned would be 1 bit less in size
not 1 bit more the C standard seems to make it.

Don't underestimate the headache of handling two zeroes.

Right, on the LINC, if you compared positive zero to negative zero, it would not set the equals flag! I have no idea how many tests had to be put in the code for that, but anyplace where the two values could be zero, you had to check for that special case.

Jon