On 26/05/2016 19:03, Brent Hilpert wrote:
All this reminds me of the systems I've missed out on:

A few years ago, a high school acquaintance I chanced to meet and who
was working in operations control at a local oil refinery told me the
large multi-rack PDP-11 system for process control had been
decommissioned and dumped about a year earlier. "Ya, that's too bad,
you could have had it."

Not as long ago as that I was reacquainted with someone I first came across dropping hints on Usenet in the late 1990s, who worked at a large power station not far from here. The upshot was an exploratory trip in which we filled two large cars, then subsequently overfilled a 3-ton truck with PDP-11 equipment and related goodies.

--
Pete