On 6/20/2016 9:43 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:34 PM, ben <bfranc...@jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:
My other pet-peave is that every thing is point and click wizard for any
useful modules. Need a rom module or adder module, point and click no
portable code.

I predominantly use Xilinx, and I don't use much point-and-click at
all. I do all my HDL editing in emacs, including instantiating any of
the Xilinx-provided IP blocks. My main interaction with the Xilinx
software (whether ISE or Vivado) is to click the "generate bitstream"
button.  It's even possible to do that from the command line or a
Makefile, but I haven't bothered.

Do you use Static or Dynamic ram with the FPGA's?
Ben.