On 2016-06-20 4:35 PM, Paul Koning wrote:

On Jun 20, 2016, at 4:22 PM, Toby Thain <t...@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:

On 2016-06-20 4:17 PM, Paul Koning wrote:
...A hardware model can
be used to replicate what old hardware did; for example, I have a
partial CDC 6600 model that shows how it boots, and that model includes
propagation delays on some signals (which are critical to correct
operation in certain spots).

This is probably of great interest to more than just me.

Any more details? Going to publish?

Sure.  You can see it at svn://akdesign.dyndns.org/dtcyber/trunk; ...
Some day, if things go really well, this may result in a gate level accurate
FPGA 6600.  I'm thinking I'll stop trying OCR and simply type the wire lists
instead; that's likely to be faster in the long run.

This is frankly amazing. Thankyou for the details. Maybe one day I'll be able to volunteer some help. (Actually if there's anything I can do now, as an electronics noob but beginning student of digital logic & FPGA, let me know offlist.)

--Toby