On 06/04/2017 11:47 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 6/4/17 3:35 AM, ANDY HOLT via cctalk wrote:
>
>> I would think it "not too difficult" to build a modern controller
>
> The electronics isn't the problem. Getting a poorly stored
> electromechanical device to not turn your or any other pack into a
> pile of aluminum shavings is the problem.

It doesn't even have to be poorly stored.   I recall a note left by an
operator detailing how, with a single bad 844 pack, he managed to
clobber 7 drives and 13 packs.

His detailed description of events reminded me of Gerard Hoffnung's
"Bricklayer's Lament":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUJLO6lMhI

--Chuck