Here is what I found that works... for the benefit of  all and any that get
cursed by Creator Win 10 update!    The  secret seems to be   cleaning out
the old  crap then  reinstalling...Some one on a vintage electronics list
pointed me to  the  following...

THE FIX - The  recommended...

Follow the steps in the below  article to uninstall the printer.
http://hp.care/2ptt2ZN
Once the printer is uninstalled  completely, follow the instructions in the
below document and install the  printer.
http://hp.care/2ptCI6c

YES IT  WORKS!
We have  our  printer back.
It is quite odd as  you will loose network connectivity   when  doing it,
you will also  have  your  screen  go  to a lower res... However...   when
all is  done the  screen res. resets the  computer will yes  talk to the
cable modem router again and all is just  fine.  <for the unexpected though....
it IS FREAKY!>

All is  good.  I was luck to  find this  help as I had tried   to  search
all the HP sites and MS sites etc.  and  got  no  where.

I was pointed to this entry  by someone on  a vintage video  equipment
listserve as a possible solution..

Thanks  Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
www.smecc.org