> From: Fritz Mueller

    > the heads are accumulating dust and oxide in places that are hard see
    > and get to

Sorry, I don't follow this - where are you thinking of?

    > I'm looking for some advice/calibration from the community here.

Hmm, we had to do this once BITD (we had a bad head crash, and had to replace
the heads - I've still got the platter, used to have the heads somewhere),
and my vague memory (it was ~35 years ago) is that it wasn't hard.

But we had an alignment disk (which has specific non-standard patterns
recorded on it, to make it easy to do the alignment - blocks of signals
written at slight positive and negative offsets to the nominal track path, so
one just moves the head until the two blocks have the same amplitude on a
'scope - the RK05 Maint Manual gives good pictures which show the process).

How one would do the alignment without such a pack is not clear to me. I
suppose one could use an existing pack,and adjust the alignment to produce the
maximum signal output, and then hope the pack one is working with was
written on a reasonably-well aligned drive...

    > From: Al Kossow

    > Sadly, Texsleeves are no longer made, they are the best.

Yes, I'm bummed about that.

What's the recommended replacement?

        Noel