From: cctalk [cctalk-boun...@classiccmp.org] on behalf of Fritz Mueller via
cctalk [cctalk@classiccmp.org]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 1:52 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: Re: PDP-11: DR11-C to FPGA or 1284?

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 8:19 AM, Jay Jaeger <cu...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> I have Ethernet shield for my Arduino Uno, and I use that and a simple
> (in my case, perl,  program to talk to the final destination device.  I
> have two cables, one for each direction, from the DR11-C (not using DMA)
> to the Arduino.

Awesome -- it seemed likely somebody here would have done this sort of thing
already :-)

Jay, does your Arduino support TTL-level signaling, or did you have to use some
level-shifting chips?  How did you arrange the cabling/packaging?

I'm more familiar with FPGA platforms than Arduino, but this might give me a
good excuse to finally play around with Arduino a bit!

Well, I'm confused now.  What do 16 bit paralel and ethernet have to do with
each other?

bill