> On Aug 1, 2017, at 2:50 PM, Mattis Lind via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:

>>> On Jul 31, 2017, at 11:30 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <
>> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I'm confused now.  What do 16 bit paralel and ethernet have to do
>> with each other?
>>
>> Nothing, directly; confusion created by poor quoting on my part,
>> probably!  The goal is a higher-bandwidth and higher-convenience connection
>> between the PDP-11 and modern desktop compute.  So DR11 <-> Arduino <->
>> ethernet, as Jay has done, is one good approach.
>>

> I guess that another solution is to put a DEUNA or DELUA on the Unibus and
> write some small piece of software that initializes it and send and
> receives datagrams directly from the PDP-11. The programming model doesn't
> look too difficult.
>

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 6:24 PM, Fritz Mueller via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> Mattis: I *do* have a DELUA, actually, but haven't slotted it yet to check it
> out.  Your suggestion would be to work up something simple at the link layer?
>  That might be worth a look, too...
>
>    --FritzM.

If you install the DELUA, don’t forget there is TCP/IP support for RT11 from
Alan Baldwin at http://shop-pdp.net/rthtml/tcpip.htm
<http://shop-pdp.net/rthtml/tcpip.htm>.

If transfers between RT11 systems is possible and sufficient (ie:physcial to
simh),
check out Megan Gentry's RTEFTP package.  She did document
the protocol, but I am not aware of implementations on other platforms.

Jerry