On 2017-08-04 15:15, David Bridgham via cctalk wrote:
On 8/4/17 10:46, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:

Definitely I'll stick with 12Mb/s USB to start (for sure on our
wire-wrapped prototype board) but I'd love to boost that to 480Mb/s
later.  The analog issue is one thing that made me dubious about going
to high-speed but also whether the FPGA without special serial hardware
can go that fast.  If it can, fantastic.  I'll take all the pointers I
can get.

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/00001678B.pdf
that the one I use a lot...

You use container files in fat16, or simply 1:1 block mapping?

1:1 block mapping.  I'm going to have enough fun with trying to
implement the USB stack in the FPGA without doing FAT16 too.

Yikes ;-)

Please do yourself a favor, and put a small micr0controller in the FPGA.
Get it working, then you can optimize and write HDL for it.

What FPGAs are you using?

I agree some how with your approach, but it leads to debugging of
issues, you wouldn't have on real boards ...

No doubt.  It's been a learning experience and we still have a long ways
to go.

You will learn a lot on this way ...