> On Aug 9, 2017, at 2:58 PM, Ulrich Tagge via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I have some trouble to get the Bootstrap for an Dilog DU142 (TS11) Controller
> running on my PDP-11/84.
> The bootstrap on page 3-2 of the following documentation was used:
> http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dilog/2120-0090-1_DU142_Jul87.pdf
> That's, what I have saved to the 11/84 PROM:
>
> Type a command then press the RETURN key: 13
> Edit/create an EEPROM boot
> Type CTRL Z to exit or press the RETURN key for No change
> 1741 Bytes free in the EEPROM
> Device name             = MS            New =
> Beginning  address      = 001000        New =
> Last byte address       = 001120        New =
> Start address           = 001000        New =
> Highest Unit number     = 1             New =
> Device Description      = TSV05         New =
> Enter ROM ODT
>
> xxxxxx/ = open word location xxxxxx if address even, byte if odd
> RETURN  = close location
> . or LF = close location and open next
> -       = close location and open previous
>
> ROM ODT> 001000/012700
> ROM ODT> 001002/172520
> ROM ODT> 001004/012701
> ROM ODT> 001006/172522
> ROM ODT> 001010/005011
> ROM ODT> 001012/105711
> ROM ODT> 001014/100376
> ROM ODT> 001016/012710
> ROM ODT> 001020/001066
> ROM ODT> 001022/105711
> ROM ODT> 001024/100376
> ROM ODT> 001026/012710
> ROM ODT> 001030/001106
> ROM ODT> 001032/105711
> ROM ODT> 001034/100376
> ROM ODT> 001036/012710
> ROM ODT> 001040/001106
> ROM ODT> 001042/105711
> ROM ODT> 001044/100376
> ROM ODT> 001046/005711
> ROM ODT> 001050/100422
> ROM ODT> 001052/012704
> ROM ODT> 001054/001102
> ROM ODT> 001056/005000
> ROM ODT> 001060/005007
> ROM ODT> 001062/046523
> ROM ODT> 001064/140004
> ROM ODT> 001066/001074
> ROM ODT> 001070/000000
> ROM ODT> 001072/000010
> ROM ODT> 001074/001116
> ROM ODT> 001076/000000
> ROM ODT> 001100/000016
> ROM ODT> 001102/000000
> ROM ODT> 001104/140001
> ROM ODT> 001106/000000
> ROM ODT> 001110/000000
> ROM ODT> 001112/001000
> ROM ODT> 001114/000000
> ROM ODT> 001116/000000
>
> That's the outcome.
>
> Type a command then press the RETURN key: B MS0
> Trying MS0
> 001120
> @

You're getting an I/O error halt.  That case is supposed to go to the HALT at
1114, which would mean you'd get a PC of 1116 shown in the message.

However... there's a bug in the bootstrap as documented in the manual.  It
shows BMI HALT at 1050, but the machine code is wrong.  The displacement from
the PC is 1114-1052 = 42, so the assembled instruction would be 100421.  As
written, the code is a BMI MES.

You should examine the TS controller CSR at 172522 (TSSR) to see what error
flags are set.