Warren Stearns passed away early on Sunday August 6th.  He suffered a heart
attack on Friday the 4th and never recovered from that.  Warren was an avid
collector and maintainer of DEC PDP-8 equipment.  He and I met almost 43
years ago while in college and have kept in touch all this time because of
our similar interest in these machines.  Warren recently assisted in
bringing a PDP-12 back to life at the University of Minnesota in Duluth.
He has been working on a Flip Chip tester for a couple of years now and has
been using a bread boarded early version of this for several years.

I am hoping I can find someone with the knowledge and drive to continue
working on his tester as this is something that would greatly benefit those
of us who are trying to keep these machines alive.  I will try to collect
all the work he was doing on it together in one place for this purpose.  At
the moment I have his tester and his 8/a and 8/i projects.  His laptop is
with one of his brothers but I will get a copy of all his engineering and
data files.

--
Doug Ingraham
PDP-8 SN 1175