Hi all,

Thank you Marc, I will follow your advice. Doubts must be removed. I would be glad to know that the big (and expensive) capacitors are OK.

In the meantime I have new information. Following the remarks of Brent Hilpert I sought to have more information on the backplane of my D116-E. I always assumed that the information in the manuals did not match my version of backplane because of this:
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/backplane/01.jpg

The boards are placed to another slots in the documentation. I put this on the accounts of the many revisions but also the fact that the computer has been distributed by Nixdorf and they probably assembled the elements, and made the setup of the backplane with the wires. Regardless of the configuration of the slots, the wires setup, the associated external connectors, at the level of power supply finally I thinks that should be the same situation on my D116 as on another. In digging into the second manual which does not contain the schematics I found this precious diagram:
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/backplane/diagram.jpg

I discovered that the common point that brings together the boards causing the Power Fail (HDD controller / Tape controller / Scanner) is the fact that they are in the slots from 8 to 12 which are powered by the regulated +5V of the circuit A2.
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/backplane/diagram2.jpg

In other words, the circuit + 5V A2 of the power supply G2 serves only to power the boards in the slots from 8 to 12 which cause a power fail if only one of these slots is populated with one of the boards.

What I don't understood yet is why it's on the pins of A1 (10-14 / 36-40) that I measure a drop of tension?
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/backplane/pins_a1.jpg

Because A2 is on the pins 15-22 / 41-48
http://www.zeltrax.com/classiccmp_forum/backplane/diagram_a2.jpg

I will re-read the operation of the Power Fail, maybe it supposed to clamp A1 even in case of problem on A2 ? Or I don't understood all the intricacies about the power supply of these antique boards ^^

Anyway I'll do the tests you suggest Marc, it sounds good to have confirmation that the basic level are working well before going any further.

Thank you for your help ;-)

Dominique